iTunes is free software from Apple on a computer platform, allowing iPhone users to manage their phones to the maximum and can diversify the data in their devices. Or to put it more explicitly, iTunes plays an intermediary role in connecting the iPhone to the computer.
What is iTunes on PC?
iTunes has everything you need to be entertained anywhere, anytime you want.
With iTunes, you can perform the following tasks:
- Organize, play your music and videos;
- Play or download unlimited songs with Apple Music (with a paid subscription);
- Data synchronization of iPhone, iPad, iPod to the laptop. A place to recover data for iPhone when something goes wrong;
- Connect to the iTunes Store to get free downloads or buy music, videos, or TV shows and services that Apple offers;
- Update iOS for iPhone or Restore iPhone.
The iTunes interface is divided into separate menus
(1) Menu Bar: Like all other software, the menu bar functions such as adding, removing Playlist, logging into iTunes account.
(2) Device: There will be an icon that appears when you connect the iPhone / iPad / iPod to the device.
(3) Genre: Select this item to move to other kinds such as Movie (Movie), Podcasts, Audio Books (Audiobooks).
(4) Library: Here, iTunes divides music, movie, and podcast libraries into different categories.
Backup And Restore Data
Unlike other mobile devices, the software on the iPhone allows you to backup all data on your iPhone (including all the data currently on your iPhone, such as call history, contacts, photos, video clips, incoming messages, notes) to use for restoring all data later.
To back up all data on the iPhone to avoid data loss do the following:
– Connect your iPhone to your computer via cable.
– Run iTunes software on the computer.
– On the iTunes software interface, point to the iPhone’s name icon, then right-click and select Backup (all data will be stored on the computer)
– To restore the backup data on the computer, follow the above steps but switch the Backup option to the Restore from backup option then select the backup data in the previous step to restore the above data.
To delete backed up data on the computer:
– Run the iTunes software
– On the iTunes software menu, choose Edit >> Preferences (or press the keyboard shortcut: “Ctrl” and “,”).
– On the Preferences menu, select the Devices tab. Then to delete the backup data of any iPhone device just point at the device name and select delete backup data backup will be deleted from the computer.
To back up all data created on iTunes in case of reinstalling the computer, do as follows:
– Access the menu My Document >> My Music and then copy the entire iTunes folder
– Reinstall the computer, install the iTunes software
– To restore data on iTunes after installing the computer, select the iTunes backup folder and then copy over the newly created iTunes folder after installation
All old data on iTunes will be restored (music collection, video clips, applications etc.)
All in all
For iPhone users, iTunes is really a great tool that they cannot lack. With the basic and easy to understand instructions above, you can master the use of iTunes, very hopefully. If the article is confusing or unclear, you can post a comment, questions in the comment section at the end of the article!